Hair Loss Conditions

Roughly 95 percent of thinning hair in men is caused by male pattern hair loss, which can manifest as a receding hairline or a thinning patch at the crown of the head. If your hair loss doesn’t match this pattern, you may be among the remaining 5 percent whose hair loss is the result of an underlying health condition such as auto-immune disease, hormonal imbalance, severe trauma or shock to the system, medication side effects or other causes.

 

the hair wellness group the ludwig chart of hair loss

When one hears the words ” hair loss”, typically we think of cases of male pattern baldness. However, hair loss affects men and women alike. In fact, hair loss affects about 35 million men and 21 million women in the United States alone. In fact, 40% of men have noticeable hair loss by age 35 and 65% by age 60. In recent years, hair loss has become an epidemic as younger and younger individuals begin to show early signs of hair loss.

What types of hair loss problems can a Hair Recovery Specialist treat that a dermatologist cannot?
Hair loss from chemotherapy or other medications, anemia, autoimmune deficiency, thyroid deficiency, most types of alopecia.
Some of the common causes are but not limited to:

  • Alopecia Areata
  • Androgenetic Alopecia
  • Traction Alopecia
  • Trichotillomania
  • Alopecia Totalis
  • Alopecia Universalis
  • Medicine induced Hair Loss